Tuesday 13 January 2015

advice from neil gaiman

http://zenpencils.com/comic/50-neil-gaiman-make-good-art/

Words to live by.


Art is a beautiful thing no? Be it visual, literary, or performing arts, they're all avenues of a human expression that is so captivating. The way it is able to tell stories; to breathe life.


I recently started to follow the wise words of mister Gaiman. The tail end of last year was a bit of a rough time, so I used it as an opportunity to follow his advice. I wrote in my journal, I tried my hand in poetry (as cheesy as it sounds), I wrote songs, I made music. Channeling all that raw emotion into what I'd like to think is art.

In my anger, I wrote. In my sorrow, I played my guitar. In my foolish teenage sadness, I sang songs. And I find that there's no better way to overcome such deep emotions than to make art. 

I think it's amazing how in every season, good art can be made. I think the comic in the link up there perfectly exemplifies how art can be made in bad times. But let's not forget to make good art in the good times too. Write poetry. Write love songs. Dance. Sing. Make beautiful music.


The point is: make good art.

No comments:

Post a Comment