Monday 21 July 2014

convicted

"What if every time you rang the doorbell to visit a neighbor's house you were greeted with a careless attitude and monotone sigh, 'Oh, it's you again; come on in.' "

I paused, then added, "You wouldn't visit them anymore, would you?"

Then I stated firmly, "Do you think the King of kings and Lord of lords is going to come into a place where He is not given due honor and reverence? Do you think the Master of all creation is going to speak when His Word is not respected enough to be listened to attentively. You're deceived if you do!"

I continued, "Tonight when I walked into this building, I did not sense the presence of God at all. Not in the praise, not in the worship, not in the exhortation, or during the offering. There is a reason: The Lord never comes where He is not reverenced.

The president of your nation would be granted great honor on this platform tonight simply out of respect for his office. If I stood here with one of your favorite soccer players, many of you would be on the edge of your seats. You would be eagerly anticipating and listening to every word he spoke. Yet while God's Word was read a moment ago, you barely listened, for you esteemed it lightly."


By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy;
and before all the people I must be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment