Monday 7 July 2014

being honest

I'm far from satisfied with where the youth is right now. You can't say we're still a young youth group. Come this year, we're about 7 years old. I look at other churches, and I envy them to be honest. I envy the numbers, the stuff they do. Inspiring, yet demotivating at the same time.

Sam and I had a proper catching up this Saturday. Talked about what we've been up to, where we've been, basically life in general. Then, we talked about the youth.

Been wanting to say this for a long time, and Sam took the words right out of my mouth. It breaks my heart to see the state of the youth now. We have our reasons; reasons that I feel shouldn't be shared here. But one can guess.

And this has been going on for years. How the youth never seems to show any growth. Stagnant.

This needs to change. We need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment