Sunday 13 July 2014

50 things I'm thankful for

50 things I'm thankful for right now, in no particular order. This post was sparked by something we did in class during NS. So I decided to count my blessings. And count them I have.

God, for just being Him; for making me; for the endless things I can't list down..

Jesus, for dying on the cross for me. For not condemning me, but loving me.

The Holy Spirit, for dwelling in me, guiding me every moment.

My dad, despite our constant arguments, he's sacrificed much for this family. That counts for something.

Mum, for always supporting me, advising me, staying patient with my temper, and being that voice of God when I go through dry spells.

Bruh, for all the games he's helped me download.

My cats, for being the cutest things in the world.

My Yamaha, aka my first guitar. For bringing me through my lowest points, aiding my emo moments.

My Spear, aka my electric. For bringing me through moments like Rally and such. For making me feel that bit much of a rockstar.

My gear, for making me sound good, when I really sound like crap.

The piano at home, also for aiding my emo moments. Because some songs are meant to be played on the piano only.

HIS Church, my second home. Seen me grow, fall and so much more to come I believe.

The worship team, for helping me grow spiritually and musically. For teaching me teamwork and unity.

Jeremy. My sifu. For teaching me the dos and don'ts in gear, and giving me countless advice, about gear and life.

Francis or MD as I sometimes call him. For giving me a chance in the worship team.

The rockers, for the awesome headbanging moments.

Sam, for being there for me when I needed someone. For being a brother.

The youth, for the short distance we've come, and the journey ahead.

Sau Mun, for choosing me as camp commander back in 2012.

Wes and Mel, for the many times he's prayed for me when I was most broken. For being supportive when all that surrounded me were questions and doubts.

Esther, for forcing me to lead worship and teaching me how to lead the youth.

Lionel, for inspiring me in the little things.

Jarren, for choosing me as his worship coordinator for camp in 2011. That small opportunity sparked major growth spiritually. And also for all the encouragements in guitar and singing.

The 4 pigs, for cheering me up when I've been down, although they're a tad annoying at times. But it's all good. :)

Derrick, for setting an example to me, the youths, and generally every Christian.

My pastors/my uncle and aunty, for being so caring and supportive, and always able to give Godly advice. And y'know, leading the church.

Pastor Sergio, for the times he's delivered a personal God-given word to me.

Youth worship team, for being willing to serve God with their talents. Although we're small in numbers, we're BIG in heart and spirit.

Gong, for serving his heart out in the youth worship team. He's gonna inspire.

Joyce, for giving me advice on studies, and life in general. And also encouraging me ever since I started playing guitar in the team.


Malaysia. Tanah tumpahnya darahku. Enough said.

SR 13, session 2 worship team, for the awesome memories serving in rally. It was my first and last time serving in rally, and it was great.

Eu Win, for really being a brother. For listening to my rants, for giving sound advice, and our #langkawee memories.

Tim, for being there for me. Only few have seen me break down in tears, and only to he, have I shared one of my dirty little secrets.

CF gang, for the beautiful and much-missed memories.

Jabba the cat, for the stupid and crazy memories we had in form 4 - 5.

NS, for the experience. Rappelling is the shizznit. And of course, M16.

Jamtank. Where else to buy second-hand gear? My whole board is second-hand lol.

Good food. Self-explanatory

Football. The beautiful game. For all the jaw-dropping and heart-stopping moments.

Teachers. Who motivate, who inspire.

Awesome music. Namely, Switchfoot. Give them a listen, and all will be explained.

Pastor Jason, for teaching me sooo much about worship and inspiring me to dare to dream.

Petra, for prophesying over me that one day I'll be leading worship. And also all the encouragements.

Kids church, serving in the worship team. For always making me smile. HIS Church kids are too cute.

My talents, not much but it's more than enough for me.

Mother Nature, for all its beauty.

Uncle Koh, for giving me my first amp, and advising me on playing guitar. Would've loved it for you to be around for much longer, but God wanted you back earlier. Hope you're rockin' hard up there.

Aunty Beng, for giving me my first guitar. Sparked a love, and I still have it with me now.

The constant advancement of technology. Where would we be without planes? cars?? air-cond??? proper flushing systems??!!







One..two..yeap looks like 50 to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment