Sunday 23 March 2014

of inflated egos, and fist-fights

After much thought, I've decided that yes, I am looking forward for NS (not excited mind you). I think this is the escape that I need. Time away from family, church, responsibilities..

And they're paying me to go so..hey ho, why not?

I do hope that I will shine God's light at camp. To be the difference. Tough, in my honest opinion, but when is it ever easy?

Something that I believe all guys struggle with is forgiving. There's something about a man's ego. To be the first one to offer an apologetic handshake is as if to highlight his soft nature. And of course I've gotta keep my temper in check. Don't want to get into fist-fights outnumbered..

I do have a few worries about NS.. Racial issues, lack of Christian friends, dudes walking around the dorm butt-naked(pls pls let this not be true).

But meh. Anything's better than sitting at home all day on me arse innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment