Tuesday 7 October 2014

uh-may-zing

A little bit of a late post, but last Sunday's worship service was crazy! We didn't have the best of rehearsals, but wow, God turned up when Wes led, and when Jason preached and led the congregation in worship. I quote Jason: 'It was one of the shortest message I've ever preached, but it was the greatest I've seen God use me.' 

Jason preached a word that, if I might say so, was timely not only for myself but also the whole church. Only now do I realize what I've been doing wrong in my personal worship all this while! On that note, Acts 16:22-34 is a crazy portion of scripture.

One of the highlights: Jason asked everyone to stop playing and let the congregation sing. So we stopped, i took off my in-ears, and wow. I mean, WOW. It was crazy. I'm not even exaggerating when I say this, but it sounded like angels were with us worshipping. I've seen this done by so many bands, but I've never felt God move so mightily before. I tried to join in but I couldn't! God's presence was so strong I sobbed every time I tried to sing! I don't even know how to describe it man haha.

During the debrief sharing session, I shared how it was the best worship experience I ever had; better than planetshakers and Israel Houghton (not kidding)! I was on the brink of crying just mentioning it! I just realized this, but whoa how crazy was it, that God's presence was still in the room, after service was over and everyone had left?! 

Jason's so awesome. I look up to him so much, fanboy a bit too haha. What a man. So anointed, so wise, and so down-to-earth! Oh yeah did I mention that he's funny? I'm not sure if he's always like that, but when he hangs with his tsoa batchmates, the man turns into a joker, poking fun at each other haha. He's the kind of guy I'd love to be around whenever.

Maaaan I wish he'd hang around Malaysia for a little longer.
~

may we never lose our wonder; wide-eyed, mystified,
may we be just like a child, staring at the beauty of our King.

No comments:

Post a Comment