Friday 17 October 2014

tell me a story

I just realized something new about myself. I enjoy stories. No, no, not stories of Prince Charming rescuing the damsel in distress; I'm talking about life stories. Stories that tell of choices, mistakes, salvation, redemption.

I met up with a friend for lunch last Saturday. Right after I was done eating, I asked him, 'So dude, what's your story?'. He was slightly taken aback haha, but I never actually knew his story, which he quickly realized. And so, he told me his story. From his upbringing and childhood up til now, he told me every raw detail of his journey.


I will not tell you his journey, after all his story should be his to tell, no? Nonetheless, it's such a blessing to know him, and his story. And more so to have such a loving Creator!

I wish I could do this often. I wish I could just sit down with anyone and say, 'Tell me your story.' Even better, I wish I could document the many stories of people. We are all walking storybooks are we not?
 As Paulo Coelho said, words are life set down on paper. Each of us have a chapter to be written, or perhaps a symphony to be performed. We are all unique; fearfully and wonderfully made; our stories enchanting.

One day, if it were just you, dear reader, and me, conversing over coffee (or tea or what have you), don't be surprised if I told you, 'So, tell me your story.'

No comments:

Post a Comment