Sunday 6 April 2014

Awake, awake my soul!

My mum tasked me to finish a book titled Under Cover by John Bevere before I leave for NS, saying that God asked her to tell me to read it. And boy, did I need it. I've never felt more convicted reading a book before. I had truths revealed to me that blew my mind away. Not literally, but mai goodness I was left speechless a few times. It helped me deal with questions I had about authority, in the church, in society, and even at home. About rebellion, and how it can kill your spirit-man and the church. And rebelling is something I'm really good at..more on that some other time.

It helps that the theme for March was on salt and light. And after hearing the testimony of one of the youths in his school, I feel encouraged to do the same. Did you know I've never witnessed to anyone ever? Pathetic christian right here. But God can make something out of nothing. And I'm holding on to the hope that He'll do the same for me.

Kinda bummed I'm gonna miss Jesus Culture though. Byebye Kunde. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment