Thursday 23 January 2014

on a downward spiral

Yes, this is an emo post. But don't get me wrong, I'm fine and definitely not contemplating suicide. What I am though, is sad and disappointed.

Why you may ask. Well, my beloved football club, MU, has been doing pretty badly this season. And pretty badly is to put it nicely.

Yes, this is a football post. You may exit this blog now if it disinterests you.

We've got our asses whooped by City, Chelsea and are currently sitting "pretty" at 7th in the table. A whopping  13 points behind league-leaders Arsenal. This coming from the defending champions. Pathetic, if you ask me.

And of course, just this morning we lost to Sunderland on penalties in the Capital One Cup. Our only realistic hope of silverware, gone. Sad? Very.

No, this is not a #moyesout post. I will completely support Moyes as manager, until his time at the helm ends.

However, I do think Moyes is doing a very shoddy job up till now. Tactically and all.

No, I do not blame him for De Gea's stupid blunder, nor do I blame him for the horrific misses by some of our penalty takers.

I do however blame him for his tactics and lineups. Best example? Kagawa. Had one heck of a game against Swansea, and what does Moyes do? Drop him against Chelsea.

When we needed that one more goal to kill off Sunderland, what does he do? Bring off Kagawa for Valencia. Now, bringing on Valencia was a smart move. But he should have brought Welbeck off instead. Simply because he wasn't affecting the game at all. Kagawa however was pinging passes in. Chica, Januzaj and him were playing well together.

Ohhh Welbeck. A whole different thing altogether.

*sighhhhh* Going down on penalties has got to be one of the most painful things to experience as a manager, player and fan.

This very nearly made me cry.



I do feel for Moyes, I do. But he really needs to start thinking straight. Hopefully we have a good January transfer window.

To all the plastic fans jumping ship to Arsenal and the like. Shame on you.

#GGMU #InMoyesWeTrust

No comments:

Post a Comment