Monday 19 August 2013

a lament and call to repentance

One day, one of the guys in the P&W forum I joined popped this question up. What is your favorite verse in the Bible in terms of worship? One that was mentioned a lot was Amos 5:21-24.


21 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
    your assemblies are a stench to me.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
    I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
    I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
    I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
    righteousness like a never-failing stream!



Wow. Like a big, fat, slap.

Really straightforward isn't it? We can be the best musician, singer or whatever it is in the whole universe. But if our heart is not right, if our eyes are not set on God, if we are caught in sin, He will not listen to us. Our assemblies are a stench to Him. Ouch!

So, check yo self before you wreck yo self.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment