Sunday 23 June 2013

refreshed

I hate that feeling where you wait and wait, but end up receiving nothing.

Today in church, there was an altar call. I think half the church were at the altar. It was packed. I was one of  the few late ones that went up. And so I was there at the side, waiting. Waiting for God to touch me. Waiting for something, anything.

I stood there for a long time. Then, finally, the pastor laid her hands on me. She spoke in tongues. And moved on. I'm like "What? That's it?!"

I was confused, and mad, to be honest.

Later that evening, I realized. What was I actually expecting?

What are you expecting? For God to shake the world and bring change? He could, but then that would defeat our purpose here.

"The problem with people these days, is that they expect change to happen in big events. But no! It all starts in our private time with God."

I'm slowly rediscovering the beauty of God.


~

Where your glory is I wanna be
Where your beauty is I wanna see
Where your scars are born I'll lay a kiss
'Cause it's your presence, Lord, that I miss

No comments:

Post a Comment