Thursday 21 March 2013

Thailand part 2


It's been awhile haha. Part 2 of Thailand mission trip!


If I remember correctly, the day after the first miracle rally was a Sunday. The team was split into many groups to speak to different churches all over town. Each group had at least one person sharing a testimony, and another one preaching. Anyway, the day before, one of my senior pastors asked me to share a testimony to one of the churches. Oh snap..Didn't see that coming..Better prepare!

Lo and behold I wrote. Or tried at least. Not easy!

Anyway, come Sunday morning, I was informed that my group members changed. Initially, the senior pastor of a church from Philippines was supposed to go with me. Then, they changed it with a husband and wife from my church. Got more nervous cause I admit, I doubted their spiritual strength. And looking back, how foolish of me!

So, I've got my testimony written on a paper stuffed in my pocket, and I'm silently sitting in the van on the way to the church. I'm praying all by myself. Nervous of course.
The couple suddenly turned around and asked whether they could pray for me. Naturally, I obliged.
After their prayer I could feel this burden lifted off of me. I was not as nervous as before. Shows how God can use normal people in missions.

Couldn't remember what time was it when we reached the church. The place wasn't exactly what I expected it to be. It's actually a school that's for Myanmar refugees. They're not officially a school, so they're not government supported but I believe they have financial backing from people. The place was pretty run down.
I don't even remember whether the classes had fans. The premise had living quarters for workers and also most of the students who stayed there. The Pastor showed us around the area, and I have to say, I am really blessed here in Malaysia.

Church service was held in a small hall which kicked off with simple worship in Thai and then.....testimony time... God, took over. I didn't refer to my notes at all. I just shared what I thought would be relevant to the youth (70% of the congregation were the students of the school).

Next, the wife shared a testimony about her relationship with her earthly father, and how the heavenly Father salvaged her relationship with her earthly father. Then, the husband preached...I can't remember what he preached about haha.

Anyway, fast forward about 45 minutes and the pastor opened the altar for prayer. Only then, was I informed that I was to lay hands on them. Stress? YES.

But yet again, God took over. The three of us laid hands on them and some were even reduced to tears. Dang, God is powerful.

After the service, they had a birthday celebration. And it was truly joyful to see how all of the youths were one big family. They have a custom where the birthday girl/boy has to feed cake to all the guests. Us 3 included lol. It was weird....But I could somehow feel the brotherly/sisterly love.



And that's that for the Sunday service. I regret not taking pictures at all zzzz.
I don't have much time right now...will blog about a part 3 soon!

Till then, here's a song!
Elenowen - Cripple Me

Please, please, please, please cripple me.
So I cannot keep running away,
From you.

So many feels....*Sniff sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment