Friday 5 June 2015

sunder

"I'm sorry I couldn't be all that you wanted. I understand your need to search elsewhere for that which I lack. To that end I wish you luck. But while we are yet here together, for what is possibly the last time, will you stay a little while longer? Please?

Please, stay. Allow me this final chance of admiring everything about you. To gaze in amazement at your surreal features. Grant me this last occasion of savoring your sweet, sweet presence. Let me flood my head with your scent, my senses with your touch, my heart with your warmth.

They're all I will be left with once you're gone.

When you do leave, don't say goodbye to me; bid me farewell instead, for there is no good in this goodbye, not for me."

~

"Oh, dear, you are such a poet. But that is exactly why I must leave. Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment