Thursday 18 December 2014

I'm feeling incredibly lousy right now. And I mean look-at-me-im-blogging-at-2-in-the-morning kinda lousy. Seeing you in confusion and at such a low point of your life, coupled with me being unable to offer any useful help or advice whatsoever...makes me feel like an utter disgrace of a friend.

I wish I could do more. I wish I could speak to you from a Christian (i hate that word more and more) viewpoint. I wish you would listen to me as a brother, because I really do care.

At the end of the day, of what use are titles and talents? Aren't relationships more important than these? Perhaps it truly is better to have been a friend to one in need, than to be a talented musician, or a great writer, or the best eye doctor in town. Maybe it's better to be known as the guy who actually 
gave a shit about so-and-so's life.

What a lousy friend I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment